Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pop Goes The Weasel

This is quite the story and I felt I should share it... Though it is a bit embarrassing....

So when I get tired, I get really goofy. When I get really tired, I get really really goofy. I am one that has conversations in my sleep and rambles about nonsense at bedtime. Brett gets a front row seat to the Cali Show every night.

So last night, while feeling super tired and goofy, I tried to analise the song Pop Goes the Weasel. (Not sure why)

Its a song I have known since I was a kid yet it doesn't make any sense... so after thinking about it in my not so clear, sleepy, goofy mind, here is what I came up with.......

So the monkey chases the Weasel around and the monkey thought it was a fun joke but the Weasel was a violent animal and all the sudden BAM!! the Weasel shoots the monkey with a gun or perhaps a sling shot, robs him and buys a needle and thread to sew his mouth up so he cant tell anyone what happened....

Yeah, i was SO tired... After researching it a bit this morning, i found that of course, I was not correct- just a bit crazy.



All around the mullberry bush,
The monkey chased the Weasel.
the monkey thought twas all in fun,
Pop goes the weasel

A penny for a spool of thread,
A penny for a needle.
Thats the way the money goes,
Pop goes the weasel.



1 comment:

Matias and Misti said...

I love it! It sounds like how I get when I am really tired. Matias always gets a good laugh or he will look at me like I am crazy.