Thursday, October 14, 2010

Volunteering






Doing volunteer work for the Now I Can Foundation has been so awesome... Helping kids with Cerebral Palsey learn to walk again is not only a miracle but it is so humbling and uplifting. These kids have such drive and determination to walk that they push through the sometimes painful therapy and I see improvements everytime I see them. Therapy sessions are everyday for 4 hours- for 4 weeks. Its tough but so worth it.


This little girl was the first girl I worked with... She is 3 years old. I worked with her for 4 weeks. She is now done with therapy for now. What an amazing little smile she has and she now has a place in my heart. When she started therapy this year she just dragged her little legs around to get around. Now, with a little help, she is walking.












.

No comments: