Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Adoption Day!

We have had our sweet girls for 15 months. Yesterday they became legally our daughters. It was such a special day. We went to the courthouse where we met all of both of our immediate families. I am so grateful for all people who came to support us. We got called into the courtroom. We have been in this same court room with the same judge many many times. This was the only trip to the court house that we have not absolutely dreaded. This was for a happy reason this time. The judge was happy which we had never seen that side of him.We were sworn in and the attorney asked some questions like "has there been a bond created with these children in your home?" and "is it your desire to adopt these children today?" and "will you forever treat these children as you would treat your own biological children?" and "will you support and protect these children emotionally, physically, mentally?" and a bunch more questions like that. YES was the answer to all of them. Nothing has ever made me happier to say yes to those questions and to hear my husband answer those questions. We signed the papers and the judge signed the papers and he then said that forever more these children will be known as Anavy Paige Smith, Khloe Brookelynn Smith and Savannah Brinlee Smith. It was an amazing moment that I will never forget.

We chose to change their middle names to family names- so they are tied into our family in that way.
We chose Paige for Anavy after my cousin, who is one of the most beautiful people I have ever known inside and out and I have admired her and all she has done.
We chose Brookelynn for Khloe after my sister and Bretts mother- Brooke is my sister Alyssa's middle name and Lynn is Brett's mother's middle name.
We chose Brinlee after my sister Macy and Brett's sister Mandi. My sisters middle name is Brin and Mandi's is Lee.

We love the names and they are something they will always have and have great meaning to them.
All of our family came over to our house for lunch and it was such a happy atmosphere. It was amazing to all of them also because they all have created a bond and felt relieved that the whole process was over and they had these girls in their lives forever. 

The day was amazing. I am grateful. I have 3 daughters.





.

No comments: