Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas and New Years



Christmas was so much fun this year. Last year the kids were not really aware of what was going on and why we were doing what we did. This year, They are smarter and able to understand Christmas and that was so much fun.

We saw Santa a few times- They were not scared at all this year. And Santa is Savannah's best friend.


We had a blast with our family. I just love when my moms house is full and we are all back home.




 We did a lot of Christmas crafts which the girls loved doing. Snowmen, santa clause, snowflakes, Christmas cakes etc.


Brett's family party started early so we were able to be there for the nativity and talent show. We usually leave after dinner. The girls were the wise men. They were so excited about it.  We have been working hard on primary songs at bedtime. They all sang I Love to See the Temple for their talent. They did a great job and almost made me cry.

My girls were very spoiled this year. Favorites were a wagon from Papa, a play kitchen and a trampoline from Santa, and pillow pet dream lights from Nana and Grandpa.

The best part of all is that they understood the story of Jesus. We read it several times and they knew that they wise men gave presents to Jesus because they loved him and we give people presents because we love them.



New Years was spend at home, just Brett and I. This is the very first year that we have done that. We have always been out or gathered with family. It was kind of nice but I missed the big celebration with family.

This year has been the best year of my life. To be able to finally adopt and be sealed to my kids was amazing. We are very blessed and we have such a great life. I was able to personally grow as a person, wife and mother. After 18 months, I am still learning how to be the best mom that I can. I will never be perfect, but I do want to raise them to have the potential, knowledge and example to be great women.
I am proud of myself for a lot of reasons that I was able to accomplish this year. I don't really believe in having specific new years resolutions, at least for myself. What I am going to say is that I will continue to work hard to improve myself in all aspects, improve relationships I have, and make this next year as good as last.



.

No comments: