Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chaos

There are just those days when things get chaotic and I get frustrated and the kids are in and out of time out all day and by the end of the day the kids are in Anavy's room playing and I am in tears because I just dont know what to do. Today was one of those days.
I feel like I am not good enough for these girls. Of course I know they are better off with me then where they came from but then again they may be better off with another mom who knows what she is doing.
I just let the frustration build up all day and by the end there is no patience left. And then at that point I  failed that day. I wake up every morning and say to myself, today is going to be better and I am going to keep calm and not get frustrated. It works really well, we have great mornings, but there are only 2 kids at that point. When 4:00 rolls around and I am anxious for Brett to come home, and I am getting dinner started, and they are hyper- ah! It is sometimes too much.

Had to vent.
Wish I was a better mom.
And a better person.
I'm working on it. 







.

6 comments:

Mandi and Adam said...

This sounds like my day everyday. Just before dinner/Adam coming home is definitely the most frustrating time for me. And if you have a good, patient morning, then really you're doing better than me a lot of days. :) You really are a wonderful mom. And like you said, your girls are a million times better off with you than they were before. Look at all you've taught them and how far they've come since you got them. Keep it up! And don't forget to include the Lord everyday. I can't tell you how many little prayers I say asking for patience, and yet I should say about a million more! It does help though. You're awesome! Love ya!

Janalee said...

Cali you are a wonderful mom im sure of it, dont ever forget that. Those girls are with you for a reason :)

Darlene said...

I've always thought the dinner hour was the hardest part of the day. You can't wait for Dad to come home and just have a breather for a minute.

Keep up the good work. Those girls are with you, because they need you, and you need them.

Brandy said...

I think every mother has those days...I personally have those days ALL THE TIME!!! Just remember it's ok to feel that way sometimes as long as you don't let it drag you down. Remember it's ok to cry, it's ok to ask for help, and it's ok to take a breather for yourself and let someone else be in charge. I know those girls love you and the Lord loves you too and He will always be there to help you. Take comfort in the little sweet things that happen each day. They may be few and far in-between at times but they will help you remember who you are and get you through the day.

One more thing...chocolate has magical qualities and is a great cure for stress!! hehehe :) Hang in there and know that there are plenty of us who are in the same boat and can help you out if you need it. Have a great day!

Mangum Menagerie said...

You sound just like me and most of the mom's I talk too. Hang in there you are doing a great job. We all have those days and moments.

Elise said...

I think 4:00 is the worst time of the day. I don't know what it is, but all kids seem to go crazy at that hour. You are doing such a wonderful job! I am sorry we didn't get to see you again. Can't wait to see you in March!!