Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkins!!

So, I was trying to figure out what to do with our pumpkins that was kid friendly- no knives ;)  So I asked this lady at walmart if they had anything and she suggested washable paint and let them go to town on them... I thought this was a good idea and knew they would really like it. So this is what we ended up with.











Then when it was all done- I put the pumpkins outside to dry and as they were drying, the paint was flaking off.... washanle paint was not a great idea. So I put them in the sink and washed them off and I was back to square one trying to figure out what to do. I was in the craft section and saw these foam stickers and today we had some fun with them.... these are the final product.







.

3 comments:

Mangum Menagerie said...

Cute- Pipe cleaners and feathers etc. Are also fun. They look like they had fun twice.

Cheryl said...

Even better! they got to decorate them twice. You are doing a great job with them.

Elise said...

I have never thought about using foam stickers. Very cute, and very little mess compared to paint and carving. I think I will have to do this next year.