Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shocked!


In October, we will be the parents of 4 kids!! I am pregnant!!!

This was by far, the hugest surprise I have ever had in my life.

I was feeling very sick in late February. I was nausious all day long, very tired, and have a few other pregnancy symptoms. After a week, it was not getting any better so I was getting worried about what could be wrong with me. My sister urged me to take a pregnanacy test just to rule it out. I thought it was a stupid idea because there was no way I could be pregnant. I took the test anyway and it was negative. 3 days later I was very worried so I made an appt with an OB. I am quite unfortunate, medically speaking. And I was wondering what I would soon add to this long expanding list. Plus I was due for my routiene checkup anyway.

My OB-GYN is very nice and I instantly liked her. We went over my fertility problems and my family history. She was confused about the symptoms as well and quickly left again to go test my urine sample. She walked back in and asked me if I wanted to be pregnant. What a funny question. For 7 years, that is what I had wanted. But it didn't really matter what I wanted. Now, I had gotten my family another way. I never thought I would be faced with this question anymore. And frankly, I did not know how to answer it.

She handed me a pregnancy test with 2 very distictive lines through it. "You're pregnant." I looked up at her and asked her if she was kidding. Then I preceded to cry like a little baby.

I scheduled my ultrasound for 3 weeks later and another appt with her 4 weeks later and left. Completly in shock.

Kellen was watching my girls at home so I quickly went to get them and drove to Brett's work.
He came down to meet us in the car. I handed him the test and the box of prenatal vitamins she gave me.
"seriously?" is what he said. He was shocked as well. This was the LAST thing we ever expected to happen to us.

The next few weeks, we still could not believe what was going on. I was still incredably nausious. It was hard for me to stand up some days, it was so bad. I was so tired. I took close to a 3 hour nap everyday (during kids school and Savannah's nap time) because I could not keep my eyes open. I was having pregnancy symptoms to the extreme.

We told our families this past weekend. Everyone is so so excited and we can;t wait!



.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh my GOODNESS! Congrats! This is amazing.

Ambria said...

Cali! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!