Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What?!?! We are having a baby!



We have a bit of an update for everyone. We have been enjoying our forever family and doing a lot of really fun things. The girls are involved in gymnastics and swimming lessons and are just waiting for the snow to melt so they can start soccer and set up our new trampoline. They love spending time with their cousins (Trevor and Elise's kids) who have become their best friends. We are planning a big fun trip to California to take them to Disneyland and the beach this summer.  Our lives are fantastic and we are all so happy. 

Our next bit of news is not a rare story. I have heard it countless times but I never dreamed it would happen to us. It has not been too long since we adopted our beautiful kids and a couple weeks ago we found out that miraculously we are expecting our first little baby of our own!!! I am currently about 9 weeks along. Medically, there is no reason why this finally happened for us. We both have our problems in that area, and have been told that it would not happen for us in the normal way but God was able to help us do what we  nor any fertility doctor could help us do. :) And we are so grateful! All we had to do is wait for it to be the right time, even if we did have to wait more than 7 years.

We know that we were supposed to adopt our girls. A million little paths lead us to them and them to us and I really believe that if we were able to conceive on our own earlier, we would not have made that decision to become foster parents and would never have met our sweet girls. Things happen for a reason. We are so grateful for this miracle that we have been blessed with. 

I have no right to complain, but the pregnancy has been pretty hard on me so far. I am hoping that the sickness and symptoms go away quickly and I will be able to go back to normal. I feel like my home has been neglected and my kids are most days, stuck in the house while I am stuck on the couch or in bed.

We have an ultrasound this coming Monday to get an exact due date and we will probably find out the sex of the baby in May. (thinking blue thoughts) I can't believe we will have 4 kids.... wow.

Thank you all for your support and love. We really do have the best family and friends around.  We have had an exciting year and it is just getting better.


Cali, Brett, Anavy, Khloe, Savannah and Baby Smith .

1 comment:

maile said...

Love it!! You are so blessed,