Sunday, May 18, 2014

Triathalon

I ran my first ever triathalon. It was very ambitious of me. Although I am not in great shape, I wanted to challenge myself. I actually signed up for it last year after I had lost 40 pounds and then I found out I was pregnant with Judson, so I had to postpone it.
It was possibly the hardest thing I have ever done. It was emotionally and physically draining. I was very emotionally through the whole thing but I stuck with it and slowly but steady I finished. I almost had a panic attack in the pool- there were so many people and I was so nervous that I couldn't catch my breath. 6 long pool lengths seemed to go on forever. The bike part was by far, the hardest. I was not prepared for how hard it was. There was a monster hill that we had to go up- twice! Both times, i got half way up and I had to get off and walk. It was so steep. 12 miles went on forever- especially the second loop. But there was a downhill portion at the end which was very welcomed. By the time it was time to run, I was on auto pilot. I once again had to go up the monster hill, which I walked. And then I was able to run most of the rest. I ran the last 2 miles to the finish line without stopping at all which is amazing considering how tired I was. As soon as I crossed the finish line, I had a complete breakdown- bawling like a baby and I couldn't control it. I was exhausted and emotionally it was almost too much. It was incredibly hard but I am proud that I did it and that I finished.
 My sister, Lyssa did the race with me and I totally admire her for doing it also. It was hard for her too but she was a rock star and finished about 20-25 minutes before I did. And she was there at the finish to hug me as I had my melt down. I love her so much and I am so Proud of her!


Before the race started.... scared to death

Swim 300 Meters

Bike 12.5 miles

Run 5k

crossing the finish line

after the race
A few weeks ago, a bunch of my extended family ran a 5k to support a friend of my uncle who's wif is battling cancer. It was a good bonding experience and I was so proud that so many of us showed up and we all finished!! I love my family more than words can say!

.

No comments: