Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mimi

This is our dog Mimi. I have had her in my family since I was 13. The kids in my family are growing up and there was no one to really take care of her at my moms house so Brett and I decided to adopt her. We love having her. She gets pretty jealous when I am giving Brett all my attention and not giving her any. She is a little spoiled.

Today I gave her a bath. I have been meaning to take a picture of her after her bath forever now cause she is cute and today I did it. She doesn't sit still for pictures so I don't have many good ones. But this is her all wet. She hates the bath and its a battle once a week to get her in. After her bath she usually stays away from me-- that's her way of telling me she is mad at me. But she gets over it and smells a lot better!

I took her camping last weekend with my family up Ogden Canyon. She had a lot of fun there. My Uncle has a bigger dog that is really sweet and calm. Mimi was terrified at first. About 4 years ago, Mimi got attacked by a pit bull. It was pretty bad and she almost died. After a few surgeries and stitches and a lot of healing she was back to normal but never has gotten over her fear of other dogs. (rightfully so)

4 comments:

Norris Fam said...

I wish you were here to give MY dog a bath TOO!!! He needs one! I bet Beau and Mimi would be good friends, they should meet :)

Patti said...

Hi, These blogs are fun. It looks like your signature on the pencil drawings. Am I correct? They are well done and very special.
Patti

Diane said...

HELLO!!! I did not even know that you had a blog. I will be checking it often. You two are adorable.

Cali and Brett Smith said...

Patty-- It is actually Brett's signature on the drawings. He is quite an amazing artist.