Friday, September 19, 2008

Depends Anyone?

So work has been kind of stressful lately. Yesterday a truck came and dropped off product that came from China at 3 pm and I was supposed to have 6 huge orders pulled, boxed, weighed, and labeled by 4:45 when the UPS driver comes. Luckily, Brett had stopped in at 2:30- to say hi and bring me some lunch so I had him stay to help me. Things were frantic but we were getting the job done-- until we realized that we were missing product that we needed to have to complete the orders. I lost it. We had been working so hard and we couldn't even finish. And it HAD to be sent-- people were already furious that it was this late. (I hate it more than anything when people call and yell at me over the phone-- and i get that a lot) I had a total nervous breakdown at work- needless to say we didn't get it done on time and the UPS man was so confused when he walked in to find me bawling.
On top of that- earlier that day I had to send a mass email to all of our vendors telling them that our product has been delayed 2 weeks for shipping ( which makes a lot of people mad at me) but in the email- I meant to say- we are sorry for any inconvenience that the delay may cause-- well instead my spell checker changed it to this-- we are sorry for any incontinence that the delay may cause.. It went our to over 400 people and I was so embarrassed. I am still getting emails from all the people laughing and asking me if I can ship a packages of Depends diapers with their order.

So today I got everything done-- counted again and re boxed, re labeled and everything. But I got it done today because I had all day to do it- but i am exhausted!! I'm glad it is the weekend and hopefully we do something fun. Brett has to work full day today and maybe tomorrow because Tyler has a family reunion... So we will see.. I need to catch up on some sleep.

5 comments:

West Family said...

I am sorry for your no good, very bad day, but I laughed quite hard when I read the part about the incontinence. :) Hope things are calm for a weekend!

Norris Fam said...

We will take 3 packages just to make you feel better...never know when you need to go right?!?

KayLynn said...

That is so funny! At least looking back we can laugh at things like that right?

Anonymous said...

haha that's a sweet story! it's sad about the being rushed and not having the product in, but the depends thing is funny! All's well now!

Sheena said...

Oh dear. I haven't laughed that hard in a VERY long time. Thanks for that. Holy crap that was funny. At least your customers are good enough to take it as a joke and play along.
Sorry it was such a mess, I have been there before and it sucks. Hope it gets better.
I will be laughing about that for a while.... lol