Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adjustment

So my back has given me a lot of problems in the last few years. But mostly in the last few weeks it has been unbearable. I cant sit longer than an hour without a sharp pain like something is stabbing me in the back with a pencil.
My Chiropractor is a great guy. he was my dads chiropractor for years and years before he died. I went to see him this morning. I love going to his office because I feel like a celebrity. First they take you into a room where i lay down and they put a stem machine with pads hooked to my back... these send electric pulses through the pads and it feels amazing. They also put a heating pad on me and leave me there to relax for about 10 mins. Then they take me into another room where a girl gives me a massage for 10 mins... when you think of massage you think relaxing right? No. This hurts bad. She digs into me pretty hard and I am sore after but it really helps.
Then I go into see Dr Clifford. He is great-- What I have is displaced joints where my ribs connect to my spine. He knows just the right thing to do to fix me all up- plus he adjusts my neck too while I'm there. I also have a "short leg". Yes it is a real thing... and Dr Clifford is also working with me on that as well.
I will go back again early next week if it starts to bother again.
Yeah for Chiropractors... without them I would be bedridden.

4 comments:

Sheena said...

I agree, Chiros are the best! I hope you get feeling better. Thats no fun to be sore from something like that. :(

Anonymous said...

I just went to the docs for back pain today as well. Except, mine is all muscle because apparently that's where all my stress is going. So I have a muscle relaxant that has some pain reliever in it. And I am getting a massage tomorrow.

Norris Fam said...

Sounds quite heavenly to me! I am serious when I say that heating pads fix ALL problems...at least in my world :)

AmandaStretch said...

Hey Cali! Thanks for saying hi on my blog! I actually read yours too, and I'm glad we can admit it. :)