Tuesday, August 18, 2009

love...

Today I went to work at the normal 8 o clock and left at 9:15 to get to the Timpanogos Temple to be there for my step brother Gordon's wedding. It was really good- long but good. I was able to be back at work by 11:15. The temple is so close to my work. They are so happy together and Leona looked so pretty. I am glad I was able to be there. I know my dad was there as well so it was special. The reception was really nice. It was fun to see some people from my past again.

So Nathan (Brett's brother) is getting close to leaving the MTC. I look forward to every tuesday when a mass email to all the fam as well as a personal email are in my inbox. Todays letter was amazing. I am so proud of that kid and I am glad that the people of Detroit get to have such a strong young man serving them and the Lord. He says the language is coming along just fine. And he is excited to get out into the field.

Lucy (our newest addition to the family) has had really bad allergies ever since we got her. She is constantly itching her front legs as well as one of her back legs. I talked to her previous owner and she said that she has done that her whole life. I feel really bad for her-- Can you imagine having mosquito bits all over for your whole life? So I have scheduled an appointment for her to go see the vet. We have tried changing her food to a non allergen one and we have been told by the vet to try children benodryl which has not worked either. So the next thing is a shot that will hopefully take care of her itching. That appointment is on Thursday and they they are both goign to get groomed on Friday.




No comments: