Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lucy

I decided to meet Brett and Lucy at the Vet on my lunch break. We went because of her itching and allergies but found out pretty quickly that she had something more serious going on. She has a heart murmur. I was and still am not completely sure about what that means for Lucy but they told us not to put her on the insurance plan because they were not totally optimistic about her making it through the year and if we put her on it we would have to continue paying even after she is gone. It took all I had to hold it together while the vet and nurse were in there. She just joined our family 3 months ago and I love her like I have had her for years.

There is nothing we can do for the actual murmur but we are treating the symptoms... coughing, fluid in the lungs... to make her more comfortable. Hopefully she is a fighter and we will hold on to her for a while longer.

As for the allergies, she is on a food trial.. perscription food and nothing else. Hopefully that works for her and she can be as comfortable as possible.



No comments: