Sunday, May 16, 2010

5 years together...

5 years ago today, Brett Smith asked me to be his girlfriend. It was one of the happiest days in my life and I'm so glad i said yes.
I think it is time for a story....

Brett asked me on our first date on Friday. We went and had a really good time. I ended up kissing him on the first date. For the next 3 days we hung out and I continued to kiss him. After that 3rd day, I told him that I was done kissing boys that were not my boyfriend. I had dated a couple guys before him and with them, there was no commitment or boyfriend/girlfriend title and I ended up getting hurt. And I had made a lot of changes to my life and didnt want to do that again so i told him. The next night, he took me over to the park by Mountasin View High School and asked me to be his girlfriend. I said " Is it just because you want to kiss me whenever you want?" and he said- yes-- we laughed and then he said "No its because I want to be your boyfriend."

Last night we got dressed up and went out to The Olive Garden for dinner. Then we went to see Robin Hood. It was a good night.

I love you Honey B. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You made me who i am today- thank you for that. I look forward to 5 more, 10 more, 20 more, 50 more years with you. XOXO-





1 comment:

Andon, Katie, and Camilla said...

Great story!

You two are SO cute! Andon asked me to be his girlfriend on a bridge in a garden. We were so shy! (I was an RM a month before) He put his arm around me and I could have floated in the air.

Here's to true love!