Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day. We were lucky enough to get to spend time with both of our mothers. First we went over to Brett's parents house. Nate called and we were able to talk to him for about 40 mins. It was good to hear his voice- I sure do miss that boy. I had just made those scrap canvas things for their room and we also got her flowers and the movie The Blind Side. I was wanting to get a picture of Brett with his mom- but I forgot. My mother in law is amazing. She inspires me to be a better, more forgiving person everyday. She has such a good heart and such strength. I am grateful to have her in my life.

Then we went over to my mom's house. This is what I made her this year. It was from all the kids. It was all cropped in Photoshop and then printed, textured and framed over at Brett's work. She really loved it.
I am so incredibly grateful for my mom. I was such a hard teenager and I feel bad about that all the time. I can only imagine how hard it was for her to try to raise me right and guide me in the right directions only to watch me running in the wrong directions and making wrong decisions. She supported and accepted me through everything I went through. Thankfully, I turned out okay and we are the best of friends and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are always there for each other through our hardest times. I cant imagine life without her.

This was my first mother's day without Nana. It really was a hard day for me. I thought about her throughout the day and missed her so much. She is the best woman I will ever meet. She taught me so much and I miss her everyday.


.

No comments: