Thursday, March 3, 2011

Big news- Update

Hello friends & family!

No we are not pregnant :) but I thought it was about time for an update from us. Things are going pretty great here. The biggest news is that Brett will be graduating with his masters degree in a month and a half. 1.5 months!!!! I can't believe this chapter of our lives is just about over. I am so excited and Brett obviously is even more excited than me. It will be nice to have evenings with my husband again. I will be throwing a party for him which will be on Friday, April 15th in Orem. But I will send more info about that later. Brett has been doing interviews with accounting firms and companies for the last couple months. It has been a long process with a few disappointments. Today we had a really happy moment. He got a job offer for a company in Ogden called JD Clark & Co. They do accounting and administration for hedge fund investments. He doesn't know much about it yet. He starts work on the 14th. So that means that we are moving to Ogden. We are starting to look for a place and hoped to get moved up there in a few weeks or so. My sister and her husband also live in Ogden so it will be nice to be close to them.

As for me, I am still loving school. I switched my major so that now I am a graphic design and photography double major. After looking at it, the classes required are not that different and I have done some classes for one major that can be used also for the other and the other way around- plus I really love photography and design. So, I am doing a lot of digital stuff this semester and I really love it. Other than school, I am doing some photography on the side- including a wedding coming up in 2 months. fun :) I am learning a lot and still loving my new camera. I will finish up the semester at UVU and commute down after we move for my classes twice a week. After that, the plan is that I will transfer to Weber State and continue my education up there.

Brett and I have a much needed vacation planned for the end of April. We will be in Northern California for the wedding and after we are staying a few days and going to San Fransisco. It will be a week after graduation for him so it will be really fun to get away for a few days. Hopefully his new job will let him have the time off... if not, then we will make it work another time. :)






.

2 comments:

Andon, Katie, and Camilla said...

Wow, that's wonderful! Andon is taking a GMAT prep course then we will apply to Grad schools. I love that you are majoring in what you love to do! Happy for your family!

Elise said...

We are so happy for you!! you will have to let us know when you find a place and where exactly it is.