Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics 2008!!!


The Olympics are here!! I love watching the Olympics... Besides going to work.. you will not see me out of my house for the next 2 weeks. Its all we did all weekend was watch USA dominate!!




My Favorite Sports to watch are.....

Of Course, Volleyball. I like indoor and Beach equally... My mom's cousin is on the indoor team. Her name is Logan Tom. This is her 3rd Olympics and it is so fun to watch her play. She is number 15 in this picture.

My Favorite Beach team has Been Misty May and Kerry Walsh for years.. They won gold in Athens so i think they should be able to do it again this year..

We have been intrigued by swimming the past few days, mostly because of Michael Phelps who totally dominates everything he does. Last night was the men's relay final and the USA pulled it out in the final lap and won gold by 8 hundredths of a second. That's impressive.

I like to watch diving.. I think its crazy that the synchronized divers can be so identical.. The USA took 4th in that event yesterday.. too bad. Plus they all swim in this amazing building that China built just for the Olympics.. They call it the cube.



And of Course there is gymnastics. I watched the girls last night and they had a rough night with injuries and such but they go into the team competition at number 2 right behind China. The Men are amazingly strong.. I like to watch them also and I think they will do pretty well this year.


Those are our favorite sports to watch but we watch it all pretty much.. So YEAH for the Olympics!! GO USA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How about girl's gymnastics...that's all I really watch and I felt so bad for Alicia in the finals...that is heartbreaking to know you screwed up not once but twice...oh well they probably wouldn't have caught up anyway!