Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's getting closer

Its been a long week getting ready for the move. We painted the entire house except one bedroom. It looks amazing!! It took us 3 days and a total of about 16 hours to do it all. Thank you the Dale, Nate, Tom and my mom for helping on the first day and for Dale for bringing us dinner while we worked the second day!

So- we have no furniture so I have been keeping my eye on the KSL Classifieds in case something came up. Yesterday, there was an add for a sectional couch for sale up in salt lake. It did not have a picture but it was described as the right color I was looking for and the right price range.... so I emailed her and asked her to send me a picture of it. She sent it to me and I couldn't believe that a couch that pretty was only $200. She told me it really had to be cleaned and that she just didn't have room for it in her new house.She also told me that she paid $2000 for it 2 years ago.

We borrowed my step dad's truck and drove up to look at it. It was so beautiful... It did have spills and dirt on it but nothing a Rug Doctor wont get out of microfiber material. We were debating while we were in her house on how it would fit because it is huge! And she said "would you take it off my hands for $150?" I was like-- are you kidding me?

We took it home, went to Maceys and rented a Rug Doctor and cleaned it. We could turn around and sell it for at least $600. It is gorgeous! But we wont because I love it!

I am still looking on the ads for a dining room table, area rug, short wide dresser and a couple of tall lamps... If I don't find them then we will probably go around to yard sales on Saturday. :)

We had a bit of trouble with Questar Gas... they came to turn on our gas and just unlocked it and is now saying that we need to hire someone else who knows what they are doing to come light the pilot lights for us... It was supposed to be on 2 days ago so the cleaning ladies could come clean the house before we move in....
The carpets are getting cleaned today and hopefully we will be able to start moving in tomorrow night.

My sister Alyssa is Graduating Nursing school with her LPN this weekend. It is also Snow College graduation which both Alyssa and Kellen are walking. Brett has to do set up at the Orem Costco for the Cultural Hall Roadshow on Friday night so I will be going down solo. Alyssa's ceremony is on Friday night so I will probably go to that and then head home.

5 comments:

Mandi and Adam said...

Awesome deal on the couch! If your pilot light is like ours, all you have to do is push a button. If not, I'm sure you can find someone who knows how to do it. Dad might. We had the same problem last year only to discover that it was really quite simple and we'd been in the cold forever for nothing.

Mandi and Adam said...

Oh, one other thing. It seems like you can get tall lamps just as cheap new as you can used a lot of times. I think IKEA has them pretty cheap. We need to go there sometime soon, so we can look for you when we go if you want.

Elise and Trevor said...

Congrats on the great find on the couch. How exciting to almost be in your new house. Hope everything else goes well and that you find some more great deals.

Norris Fam said...

My friends got a beautiful Pottery Barn table at DI for $300...couldn't hurt to check! Everyone loves getting a good deal!

Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

Anonymous said...

Questar said the exact same thing to us. It's crap! We ended up just lighting it ourselves. It is so ridiculous for them to do that! It makes no sense at all!