Monday, June 22, 2009

Daddy Day

Once again it was Father's Day yesterday. We went over to Brett's parents house for dinner. It was also Nate's farewell get together so we helped get ready for that. Then we went over to Papa's house. It was a good get together with all the family- even a few from California. I have such a great Father in law and a great Papa..

However I can't help but think about how different my life would be if I still had my dad. I miss him always. He was a great dad. Father's day is hard for me and my sisters but we were lucky to have him for so long.


I got my birthday present early!! Brett got me a picture to hang in our living room-- it is so beautiful! Thanks Honey! He couldnt surprise me with t because he wanted me to decide what to put in the personalized words in the top corner. Plus I dont like surprises... well- i cant stand knowing that there is a surprise and i dont know about it... i will pester brett until I get it out of him... but if he never tells me there is a surprise and just does it.. i love it. So I guess I just dont like secrets.

My birthday is on Saturday... Im not sure what we are doing.. Tucanos for dinner I think... Its crazy that I am turning 24.

1 comment:

Elise and Trevor said...

I am the same way with surprises. I hate them when I know they are coming. If it is a total surprise though, it is really fun.