Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My darling nieces and nephew

So its been a while since I have blogged. I have been busy and not really in the mood. Trevor and Elise and their girls were in town this past couple of weeks, unfortunately I didn't get to see them very much with the funeral and my family stuff. It was nice that they came to the viewing to support us and we got to have dinner with them and the girls at our house which was nice. The girls love the dogs and chased them all over the place.

We did get to see them again at Cameron's first birthday party.. Cameron was given a small cake all for himself and boy did he make a huge mess out of that!!! There was an inch of frosting on it which ended up on his face. It was cute to watch.
I have to say that Trevor's girls are such a joy to see. They get bigger and bigger all the time and its hard to not be able to see them more than 2, maybe 3 times a year. We are seriously thinking about another trip to St Louis toward the end of the summer.




On a different note.... Look at this... My dogs- in the same bed!! I thought it would never happen. I'm glad they are starting to like each other more. you can see Mimi is still leaning away from Lucy... She is such a scaredy cat. I gave them both baths last night and found that it is not any harder giving two dogs a bath then it is to give one dog a bath... I end up soaking either way. :) But I dont mind cause I have dogs that smell good. They put up with it cause they know they will get treats after its all done.

I got a call for Cheryl, my step mom yesterday and she told me that Grandpa Rasmussen (her father) had passed away. I really have not been super close with that family since my dad died. But I have gotten to see him at holidays and an occasional family dinner. I know he was a great man.
The viewing is on Thursday. and the funeral is on Friday. I'm going to the viewing and I think I will go the funeral as well to show my respects.. after all I did call him Grandpa. Plus I should be there for my step brother and sister who I have stayed close with.
I have a lot of grandparents.. 11 to be exact (well 9 now) that is counting step grandparents as well. It is neat that I have had them all around for my whole life so far. They will both be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it really seems like this summer season 2009 is when grandparents are passing away. My Grandma, your Grandma, and now your Step Grandpa. All in 1 month.

Vogelsberg said...

Hey Cali, I love looking at your blog you give me alot of good ideas. I just read that your step grandpa died...I am really sorry. i hope you are doing ok. Please let us know if you need anything. I also saw you got a new house. wow tell me more!!