Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finallity

Tuesday was the day that the girls saw their biological mom for the last time. Final visits are a few hours, at a public place, ours was at Layton park and lasted 3 hours. Brett and I dropped the girls off at 3 at the park and left for a while.  We were told to come back at 5 to start wrapping things up. We got back, they took some pictures of them with their mom and brother. Their mom spent time with each of them after that. It got pretty emotional on her part. Of course there was a good reason to get that way. I actually started to get a bit emotional myself at that point.... What an awful thing to have to do. She handled it pretty well. Around 6 she helped them into our car and said goodbye. I gave her a bag of a few things of theirs, current pictures and a letter I wrote to her.

She also handed me a letter for the girls to have. Its a hard spot for me to be put in because the letter is completely inaccurate about what really happened. So its hard to imagine that I would actually give them something like that. It also said that she would be waiting for them to come back to her when they are old enough. Scary thoughts.... To think that I could raise them till they are 18 and then they run back to her. I just have to know that in our home, they will grow up to be amazing people and know how to make good decisions. And hopefully they will understand what really did happen and be thankful for where and how they were raised. And if they do want to find her, which is ok, that they realize that because of this mess, that they were given chances they never would have gotten otherwise.

I am beyond grateful that this part of the process is over and there is no more dealing with visits and interactions and drama that goes along with that.

We also did find out that our adoption date is going to be in July.... probably July 15th. :)


.

No comments: