Friday, May 25, 2012

Those Darn Tonsils!

Anavy had her tonsils and adenoids taken out last month and Khloe had to have hers removed yesterday. Not too fun for anyone.
Anavy was very upset while we were at the surgical center. She fought getting her blood pressure and pulse and was a big mess. They gave her a liquid sedative which made her very loopy... after that she was giggly and happy

Funny story:  A couple days after Anavy's surgery she woke up around 11 at night and had a lot of blood in her mouth. We called Alyssa and Kellen to come over and sit here while we took her to the ER. They wanted to monitor her for several hours, so Brett stayed there with her and I went home so that Lyss and Kellen could go to bed. He was just going to call me when they released her. I was watching tv, waiting for him to call and apparently I fell asleep. And it was bad luck that my phone was on silent. They let them go about 2am and he tried calling me about 40 times. I was dead asleep on the couch. Anyways, he sat there so long, waiting for me to answer the phone that the front desk guy at the ER offered to drive them home. I woke up to Brett tapping me on the shoulder..... I felt terrible.
.


 Khloe was very happy and calm- I started this new thing that I take them to get and ice cream sandwich after any doctor visit where they are brave and don't cry. We used to have a very hard time with this- They were just scared of every doctor and any new place.

Anavy's surgery went perfectly. She woke up pretty calm, no crying, no pain. She was very easy as a post patient. Until she had an allergic reaction to her Lortab medication! They day of her surgery she had it every 4-5 hours and the same through the night. She woke up puffy and rashy and itchy. It was horrible. So we switched to Tylenol.

Khloe's surgery had a few problems. Right after they put her under, Her oxygen levels dropped from 100 down to 65-70 which is not good. They panicked a little because they didnt know why- ended up that there was some congestion in her lungs and it had clogged the air tube that was breathing for her. They fixed it quickly. Other than that, it went well. She woke up very very upset. She was clinging to a nurse yelling "mommy, mommy". I sat down with her and she calmed down. They did a chest xray just to make sure everything looked ok- she didn't like that too much.  So far at home she is pretty good. She is the over emotional, over dramatic one and I was fully prepared for days of whining and crying. She is not allergic to the Lortab- thank heavens and Popsicles help





.

No comments: