Sunday, May 27, 2012

Projects

There is something about turning something ugly into something beautiful that is fulfilling  to me.

Yesterday we went to a few garage sales. I am on the prowl for old ugly furniture for me to fix up and beautify for our new place. When you go from 1600 sq ft of house to over 3000 sq ft.... you realize that you do not have enough furniture to fill it. As of now- we will have 2 completely empty rooms and the kids will all have their own rooms and as of yesterday, shared one dresser.

We got quite a lot of stuff- all for $25 bucks.... I think I really like garage sale Saturdays. One piece I got was a really ugly, dirty old dresser. There was damage to the bottom of the sides from who knows what so he let me have it for 5 bucks.

I was able to sand down the problems on the sides of the dresser and looks pretty good. All together- washing, sanding, painting 2 coats, drying, and putting the finish on it took less than 24 hours. It helped that I didn't have to prime it. This is for Khloe's room at the new house. She picked the color too... She loves purple.



Also, this is another one that I finished a while ago. We got this dresser at the DI- I fell in love with it for some reason. I think it is gorgeous- even before I redid it. We payed $50 bucks for it I think. It is solid wood, super heavy and super sturdy. We kept our fish tank on it for years. I am happy with how it turned out. My first few projects taught me a lot... and I made a lot of mistakes but I am getting better :) yay.

.

No comments: