Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quick Trip to Montana

I was at work on Friday and I was talking to my sister Macy who plays volleyball for Montana State University in Bozeman. She was having a really bad day and was sad that my mom couldn't make it to her end of season volleyball banquet that was on Saturday morning. I texted my other sister and asked her if she wanted to drive to Montana to surprise Macy. We ended up deciding to take Brett and Kellen with us.

We went to the BYU men's volleyball game on Friday night and went home to get a little sleep. Our alarm went off at 2:45 in the morning and we were out of there by 3 in order to make it the the volleyball brunch that started at 11. WE traveled in our PJ's but stopped at a Chevron in West Yellowstone to change and get ready.



(yes I am wearing shorts and it was FREEZING!)

We made it by 11:20-- a little late but oh well... we walked in and Macy's coach was talking to all the girls. We walked in and stood behind her. It took Macy a minute to notice we were standing there. She started bawling and then introduced us. We had brunch and there was a program. Then we went to our hotel and got a little sleep.



After a few hours of well needed sleep, Macy came over to the hotel and she took us over to her dorm and over to her gym and showed us around a little. We picked up some pizza for dinner and went back to the hotel and played games. We had a lot of fun.





We woke up this morning at 8:30-- had breakfast and were back on the road by 10. The weather was not that bad on the way there. On the way back it was a little worse- especially when we got to Utah. It took us 9 hours to get home today. But it was worth it to see Macy and to make her feel a little less homesick.

4 comments:

Norris Fam said...

What a great sister you are...she's going to remember that one forever!

The Umbergers said...

Ahh you guys were so sweet to do that! I would do anything for my sisters too! She is lucky to have you guys! :)

Elise said...

WOW! That was really thoughtful. I am sure your sister was so happy. It's nice to surprise people every now and then and let them know just how much they mean to you.

Victor and Annette said...

I almost started crying when I read what you all did by going to be with Macy for her special lunch. You 3 sisters are awesome.