Thursday, January 1, 2009

Nicklecade, New Years Eve and Yankee Snatch

On Tuesday, Brett and I and Alyssa and Kellen went over to Nickelcade. We had a lot of fun winning tickets to buy cool stuff.

New Years Eve we all decided to go ice skating. We were all having a fun time skating and then there was a group of boys that were about 8 or 10. They were skating with these orange cones and I decided that I was bored and so I wanted to steal a cone from one of the kids. My first two attemps failed and by the second time they knew what I was up to. The 3rd time I was successful. After that it turned into this war-- 5 little boys against the 4 of us and 4 cones. We totally kicked butt. Although I think we all ended up falling at least once-- I got my pants all wet. At one point we had all 4 cones. We declared ourselves the winners as we had to get off the ice so they could smooth it. We were all gathered and took a group picture. It ended up being a really fun time skating. Leave it to me to start a war with a group of complete stranger little boys in a public place. We named the game Yankee Snatch...:)

After that we went over to Nana's house to hang out for a while. Then we headed home to play some games into the New Year. It was a fun night.

2 comments:

Sheena said...

Freaking fun, where did you guys go ice skating? Scott and I have wanted to go for a while, but didn't really know where to go. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. :)

Norris Fam said...

Sounds like you guys had a little...ok a LOT more fun than we did on New Years!!!