Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering

On Memorial Day Weekend, I always go up to the cemetery to put flowers on my dad's grave. This year we went on Saturday rather than Monday. It was pretty packed and the feelings there were a bit overwhelming.
We saw my dads grave first, then payed tribute to a friend of mine that served in the military before dieing in a motorcycle accident a few years ago, then we made our way up to grandma Smith's grave. We cleaned them all off from the grass wind storm earlier.

I am very sad that Brett never got to know my dad. I know my dad would have had so much love for him. It will be coming up on 10 years this August. I really can't believe that time has gone by so fast, or that I have now lived so long without him. He taught me a lot and he is still missed everyday.



I am also sad that I never got to know Grandma Smith. I know she was a wonderful woman. When I married into the Smith family, I had a ton of people tell me how great that family is and how great Vic was. My Nana and Papa were a couple of the people who told me this. They were in the same stake or ward with them or a while before she died. I want to thank her for raising such a wonderful family. I love them all so much. Her and Grandpa did a great job.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I always enjoyed visiting loved ones graves on memorial Day,Even though tender emotions always seem to overcome me. My thought are with you today.

Jason and Danielle said...

I would have love to have met your dad! He sounds like an amazing person! Love you hope you are doing well. Take Care.

Roy and Angie Smith said...

The dog thing will take a little while. Your first dogs space probably feels invaded. We also got our second one when she was a baby. Maybe that is the difference. Try and play with both of them at the same time.
These are just suggestions I remember doing with ours. Good luck.