Monday, June 28, 2010

Gallstones.... :(

Yes, I have gallstones. Bummer.
Saturday night after laying in bed at the hotel in Montana, I started to have this really strange pain in my upper stomach. It was so bad that i could lay down at all without it being hard to breath because of the pain. It made me super nauseous and I was up all night throwing up. Sunday morning I felt ok- besides the fact we had to drive 500 miles on my birthday. We went over to Brett's parents house for a little while and I started to feel a little nauseous again. As we drove home the same pain from the night before came back and the pain was worse this time... it was unbearable. I am usually a pretty tough girl and it takes a lot for me to cry but I was bawling because I could not breath because of the pain. Brett took me the the ER instead of home. They gave me morphine through an IV for the pain which was wonderful. They did an ultrasound to confirm that it is indeed gallstones and I will need to get my gallbladder removed this week sometime. Brett is getting in contact with the surgeon to see what is available.

UPDATE: I had surgery on Wednesday morning. It went well. They did it laproscopicly which left me with 4 small incision sites. One in my belly button and 3 on the upper right side of my abdomen. I had to stay in the hospital til wed evening because I couldnt get my oxygen levels to where the wanted them to be. I have been at home resting since then. Thanks for all your calls and messages. i have the best family and friends. Thanks for being there for me.

.

No comments: