Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sealing

My sister Macy is going through the temple for the first time on the 22nd of June. Just 2 days before she married Drew. I found out recently that my brother Alex wants to be sealed to us and that we will be doing that on the same day.

Alex is my step brother. He joined our family when he was 4 years old. His mother wasn't always there for him so my mother raised him as her own. He wasn't treated any differently, he was always just my brother. When Dallin was 1 year old, my mom and step dad were sealed to each other and to him. I was 13 at that time and I remember being able to enter the temple and stand around the altar and watch this happen. It was amazing. Alex's mom was approached at that time and asked if Alex could also get sealed to them and to our family and the answer was no. Alex is not sealed to anyone and his mom is not a member anymore. So we knew when he was 5 years old that he would have to wait until he was 18 and then make that decision for himself to be sealed and join our family forever. He has made that choice and it makes me so happy that he will have this experience to go into the temple and be sealed to our family and that even my 12 year old brother Dallin will get to be there. Doing it on the same day as Macy goes through will allow a lot of our extended family to be there which will be amazing.

That will be a great day.

3 comments:

Jason and Danielle said...

That is awesome Cali!! I am so happy for your family.

Mandi and Adam said...

That's so cool. What a special day (week) for your family!

Elise said...

That is great! There is nothing better than being at the temple with your family!