Sunday, October 19, 2008

Las Vegas Weekend

Thursday

After work on Thursday, Alyssa and I made our way down to St George. Brett's cousin Carrie opened her house up to us to stay there (even though they were not there) We got there around 8 at night and were greeted by their cute dog-- who was scared of us... She didn't bark at all, only crawled into her bed and curled up as if to hide from us.. We set up our bed in Carrie's daughters room.

Friday

The next morning we woke up and took off for Vegas. We got there a good while before our check in so we went to Walmart and drove around for a while. We checked in to our hotel and showered. We decided that we wanted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. It was really good. Because we were staying in the hotel we got free passes to go to their dance club.. we thought we would check it out. It took us all of 5 minutes for us to realize that it wasn't fun so we decided to just go to bed. That night we were awakened by a party in the room next door at 3:30 am. After several calls to security and finally having a manager up in our room (about an hour) they were able to get our neighbors to quiet down so we could go to bed. We weren't very happy.

Saturday

The next morning we decided to call the front desk to see if the party people next door would be there the next night too.. they told us that they were booked for another night so we asked to be moved. After talking to them about all that had happened the night before, they ended up moving us to a Jr Suite--
Brett and I had been to the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef last year while we were in Vegas so I wanted to go there again. It is a really cool place. We got to touch the sting rays and see all kinds of cool animals. The night before we had put together a picture scavenger hunt. So we were taking all sorts of weird pictures all day but it was so fun and we laughed so hard all day.
After that we went back to the room. Alyssa has a test on Monday so she needed to do a bit of studying so we relaxed for a bit.
We went back to the strip when it got dark. We saw the water show at the Bellagio which was so romantic-- I missed Brett!! Then we went to the top of the Eiffel tower at the Paris Hotel. The view was amazing... and again I was missing Brett. We watched another water show from the top. After that we went to eat at a seafood buffet at the Rio which had crab which was amazing. By the end of that day we were exhausted and it was late so we went straight to bed.

Sunday

We woke up this morning and packed our stuff and got on the road pretty early. We stopped in St George to have lunch and got home about 5. It was really good to get home and see my husband, I really missed him. But we had a blast and I am glad that I got to spend that tie with my sister.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Your trip sounded like fun. We can't wait for your trip out here. We got the packages. Thanks for the scrapbook stuff and the bracelets. Tori loved the bracelet and loved that all three of them had the same one. Thanks for remembering us even though we are so far away. It means a lot.

Norris Fam said...

I'm glad Beau didn't attack anyone...believe it or not he really scares people sometimes!

What a bummer about the partying neighbors, Dan and I were laughing in San Diego because about the time we were coming in to get kids in bed...everyone else was heading OUT for a night on the town. Makes me feel kinda old :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I want a sister to do Vegas vacations with... :)

Gina & Nate said...

How freakin' fun! I must say it shows you had the time of your life!!!

Norris Fam said...

I just read your "mystery diagnosis" post on my google reader, but for some reason it won't pull up on your blog for me...so I'm leaving a comment on an old post!

HOLY CRAP! So scary! I had a very large cyst on my ovary at the beginning of the year and the dr. told me it would either go away on it's own or it would burst and he said if it burst I would be in the worst pain of my life. Luckily it went away! I have a REALLY good friend who has PCOS and she is quite an expert on the subject (she has 3 kids by the way :) and I KNOW she would LOVE to talk to you (lindstromfamof5@gmail.com). Or go to "Amy's" link on my blog and leave her a comment. I'll email her and let her know...I think it would really help you to talk to a real life person who has dealt with this for a long time.

SORRY about the novel!