Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mimi's Mystery

My dog has quite an odd personality. One day she likes something- the next day she doesn't.
She love to take Brett's spot whenever she can-- If he gets up from anywhere she goes to that spot immediately (his chair, his side of the bed, etc...) If we would let her, she would sleep in what seems like the most uncomfortable positions- most of which are on top of us. She is needy and always wants attention. she is scared of every person in the world that she doesn't know- even kids but thinks that she could take on the biggest dogs around. She hates baths but she will lay there and let me brush her hair- even the tanglies for as long as i will. She is strange..

And the strangest thing is that I could never get her to like toys... at all. I have tried a number of different toys but they are always ignored and abandoned. BUT she found this pin cushion a few months ago. (I'm not even sure where she found it) But she loves this thing.. and for the first time ever she plays fetch with me-- sometimes for a half hour at a time. I'm not sure what it is about this pumpkin but she has a lot of fun with it. She even likes to sleep with it in her bed most nights. Why? Yeah I wonder that too. Just another quirky thing that she does I guess. Another guess is that she is going blind because she is so old (10 years) and she can see the orange really well... Who knew... a cotton filled pumpkin was all she wanted all along..:)

1 comment:

Norris Fam said...

Consider yourself lucky...Beau wants me to throw his ball ALL stinkin' day long! I love that dog, but go take a nap for goodness sake :)