Monday, November 17, 2008

moving on up

So a lot of people have been asking if we are moving... and the short answer is yes but also no at the same time. My parents are struggling financially right now and so it was decided that since we were only paying partial rent for the basement- that it would really help them if they could get someone in there that could pay full rent. They also have 2 bedrooms and a bigger bathroom upstairs on the top floor that are unoccupied. So what we are doing is closing off those 2 rooms and the bathroom upstairs with a door and there you have it-- a little apartment for us... and since we are not planning on being there much longer until we get a house of our own we decided that it would be good for both of us. We will have to share the kitchen with my mom which will be nice-- we can cook together and stuff so it will be kinda nice.. Hopefully we will be able to move out of there in February which is exciting... So this last weekend was spend packing and cleaning--- we did a dump run and a DI run and we also got a small storage unit to rent for all of our misc stuff that has accumulated. My mom was down in our house for about 5 hours yesterday cleaning like a mad woman while we finished packing and the place looks beautiful!! We are having a mass showing tonight-- there are like 9 or 10 people that have called and said they will be coming tonight to see it.

On another note-- Only 4 more days till I see my sister Macy. She has 2 games that I am going to this weekend-- One at Idaho State and the second one at Weber State. This will be the only time to see her till Christmas. She will be in Utah for a week but we will be gone by then and she will be gone when we come home.

We are leaving to go to St Louis on Sunday to see Brett's brother Trevor and his family. We are really excited to get to spend time with them.. We will make sure to take pictures of our trip and post them when we are there.

I think that is all for now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH that is fun! That is nice of you to move upstairs!! Have fun in St. Louis - I am so jealous you get to go on tons of trips...hey if we ever find a house we love - you can come rent our place!! LOL

Norris Fam said...

I sort of wish I was living with my parents right now, instead of in this crazy townhouse with cars exploding and stuff. Can I move in with you guys too :)