Friday, June 27, 2008

23rd Birthday at Disney's California Adventure

Today is my 23rd Happy Birthday. My mom called me this morning so I got to talk to her or a while-- I miss her. She will be here tomorrow with my sisters and Nana and Papa-- Nana's family reunion is tomorrow in Ontario which isn't too far so we are going up there to see them since we are taking a break from the amusement parks till Monday. I also got a call from Brett's mom and Gramma and Grampa Jewkes and messages from Leslie, Adam, Aunt Sandi and Alyssa saying happy birthday-- so thanks guys!

Today we went to California Adventure Park. It is such a fun theme park!! We stayed there for about 8 hours and then decided to leave early so Brett could take me out for my birthday dinner. We went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner which was fabulous. Neither of us had been there before but it was definitely a good choice for my birthday dinner.

Highlights of the day:

Brett's:
#1: Turkey leg lunch-- we found this place that sells full turkey legs and that is what we had for lunch (and what we will be having for lunch tomorrow since they were so huge) He was really excited. They were amazing..



#2: Soarin' Over California ride

#3: Grizzly Rapids ride-- I had my poncho in my bag from Sea World and was able to keep my pants dry both times we went on this... its a pain to walk around in wet jeans. Brett on the the other hand got soaked both times ...


Cali's:

#1: Califonia Screamin'-- I love that roller coaster-- by far my favorite ride all day.


#2: Tower of Terror ride

#3: The fact that I could say-- "Its my birthday, that's why" or "but its my birthday." not that Brett doesn't spoil me on every other day because he does, but he always makes sure my birthday is extra special.

1 comment:

KayLynn said...

Happy Birthday Cali! I am glad that you were able to do such fun things on your birthday! It sounds like a really great trip!