Saturday, June 28, 2008

reunião familiar

Today Brett and I drove and hour up to Ontario for a Quillan (Nana's family) Reunion. It was entertaining. It was just a bunch of Brazilians and most of the family was drinking and pretty loud and there a a couple of people that are just crazy. But it was fun... There is an annual ping pong tournament in which my mom's cousin Rick has been reigning champ of for years until this year Brett beat him twice.. it was pretty funny because Rick got pretty upset. The trophy was a little stuffed rabbit with a ping pong ball and paper paddle Velcroed to the hands... We didn't bring it home with us.. it stays there every year so they can have it for the next year. They all said that Brett will have to come back next year to defend his title... we will see about that. It was fun to see my Mom and Alyssa and Nana and Papa.

We made plans earlier in the week to have dinner with Tim Vidmar-- One of Brett's mission companions-- and his family. So we went to Macaroni Grill and got to meet his parents and brother. So that was fun.

I forgot to bring my camera with me today so I have no pictures... :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My grandma's brother is from Ontario...I love that city, isn't it just pretty and so cute...that's where I would live if I lived in South Cal, I am glad you are having fun!! Enjoy the rest of your vacation and we are going to have to get together to share all your stories!

Darlene said...

Is he related to the gymnist?