Sunday, June 15, 2008

Summerfest



Summer fest is always fun... The rides, the fireworks and family.

But yesterday was... well interesting.
Roclistic has a booth there at Summerfest this year. It was really great for our business and we more than doubled our profit for those two days. Friday Tyler sat at the booth for 12-10. And Saturday was Brett's turn and I wanted to hang out with him so we both were there from 9am-10pm... it was the longest day ever. But we had as much fun as we could i guess...

My brother Brian came to see us there with his wife and 3 kids. It had been a while since we had seen them so it was good to get to play with them for a while. They stayed and the kids played with the dog for a bit and i got to talk to Brian and his wife Nadia. We planned a BBQ at their house this Wed.

I was looking forward to the fireworks but about an hour or two before there was constant business and there wasn't even a second to rest.. I knew Mimi would get scared by the fireworks but I had no idea what she was going to do. Her leash was staked to the ground and all the sudden the fireworks started and she took off so fast, pulling the steaks out of the ground. She ran in front of a car that barely missed her and then continued for about a mile down the road and all the while she is yelping really loud. I was running like crazy after her and finally, there was a guy that had caught her leash which was being dragged behind her. She was scared to death, poor thing. I felt so bad. So I walked back with her watching the fireworks as I walked and covered her ears.

By the time we got back the fireworks were about over, but Trevor, Brett's brother has shown up with his daughter Tori. She was scared of the fireworks too. But I got to play with her for a while while the cars were being brought in to pack everything up.

So, business was great, the day was long and I will never take my dog to see the fireworks again.

1 comment:

KayLynn said...

Those are great pictures of the fireworks. Isn't it great that there are people who will help out, like the guy that caught your dog. And congratulations on getting your papers. Carrie would go and look on the website at people waiting, and to be honest laugh at many of the pictures. Remember that many of these girls are young and judge many things on pictures rather than on any thing else. My friends brother-in-law works for social services and he said one girl picked her family because she liked their dog. Go figure. Happy pictures, cute doge, you will be great :).