Wednesday, June 25, 2008

San Diego Zoo

Today we went to the San Diego Zoo. I love the zoo and I had never been to this one before and it was by far the best zoo i have ever been to.. well I have only been to 2 other ones... We stopped at the pharmacy this morning to get some mole skin for my blister which made the day a lot more enjoyable plus I wore my tennis shoes which are more comfortable. After the zoo we found a Cold Stone and got some ice cream and then drove back up to Aliso Viejo where we will stay the next 4 nights.


Highlights of the day:


Brett's:


#1: Polar Bears: The bears jumped into the water and were playing with this ball-- they were pushing it under the water and chasing it and putting it on their heads and throwing it up above water. We sat there and watched them for about 20 mins. They were so cute!






#2: The SkyFari-- This ride took us over the whole park. We decided to ride it first to the other side and then make our way back. Good thing we did because it was all down hill and I wouldn't have wanted to hike all that way.


Cali's:


#1: Panda Bears-- There was a baby that was about 10 months old and about 40 lbs-- he was so cute.







#2: Orangutans-- There were a lot of them. The dad and a little baby were wrestling fro a while and biting each others hands.. it was funny. And the mom sat and watched while playing with a piece of PVC pipe.



#3: Burmese Python--I have always loved these snakes.. I would love to hold one some day :)

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hi Cali! I found your blog from facebook. Looks like you guys are having so much fun! See you soon.

KayLynn said...

Looks like fun! I love watching animals also, but I for sure do not share your enthusasium for the snake. I won't even touch the 12 garden snakes in my yard. Man your brave!